Zinger Technologies is a systems integrator specializing in audio-visual solutions for business applications, including DvLED walls, video conferencing, video-over-IP, live streaming, digital signage, and kiosks. As our business continues to expand, Zinger is seeking an experienced A/V Designer to complement our corporate mission and values. This position is at our Fort Lauderdale location but can be performed remotely.
In this key role, you will document all facets of system integration, including comprehensive drawing sets, parts lists, cable schedules, and system configuration details. You’ll work with clients as well as Sales, Supply Chain, Project Management, and Service team members to support the on-time delivery of robust solutions that exceed our customer’s requirements within expected budgets.
The Audiovisual Systems Designer’s role is to provide consulting and design services to our clients for technology-enriched spaces. The position will require that the candidate actively participates in the design process for several projects at the same time while ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and superior quality work are being delivered to our clients.
- Contributor within a presale & project design team
- Develop high-quality audiovisual infrastructure drawings, details, and specifications
- Develop high-quality audiovisual systems signal flow drawings, details, proposals and specifications
- Review submittals of shop drawings, coordinating with architects, contractors, engineers, and consultants
- Perform site walk-through visits to review adherence to standards, procedures and best practices of infrastructure and systems
- Ensure that all work is consistent with Zinger’s high standards of quality
- Adapt or originate audio, video, and control flow diagrams
- Adapt or originate rack elevation and wiring detail drawings
- Create audiovisual infrastructure designs and drawings
- Document structural requirements (blocking, etc.) for the mounting of displays, cameras, speakers, and other equipment
- Review and produce documentation for the installation team
- Document site-specific conditions and customer requirements
- Work with the project design team to confirm the applicability of offered solutions to specific customer requirements
- Support Supply Chain to aid in on-time procurement of essential equipment and materials
- Support Sales in presale customer meetings and Design Build projects
- Extensive knowledge in the design of audiovisual systems, including but not limited to: projection and display; sound and speech reinforcement; audio and video conferencing; analog and digital signal processing, distribution and routing; control systems, web conferencing and video streaming.
- Knowledge of audiovisual architectural requirements, including but not limited to sightline studies; structural support requirements; cabling pathways; power and grounding
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalence
- 3 years of audio visual design experience or demonstrated equivalence
- Knowledge of software design tools such as: Avixa and D-Tools
- CTS-D, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of analog and digital video standards and transport limitations.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment and practice, including video conferencing applications.
- Knowledge of common AV control protocols, including NDI, HDMI, Ethernet, SDI, RS-232, RS-422, and Wi-Fi.
- Ability to fluently read and author all common AV design drawing types, including: Audio, Video and
Control Flow diagrams:
- Knowledge in the design of using equipment from a variety of professional AV equipment manufacturers, such as AMX, Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Panasonic, Polycom, Sony, and Tandberg.
- Ability to represent the company effectively and professionally when dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Requires excellent verbal, quantitative, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to deal with complex problems and communicate effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services, hardware, infrastructure and system architecture (IP; LAN; WAN; Routers; Switchers; Hubs; Wireless Access Points)
All applicants must be driven to satisfy the needs of end users and have the ability to deliver high-caliber end results in a timely manner while operating with minimal direct supervision.
If you’re looking for a company with growth opportunities, great colleagues, and a stimulating work environment where you can make a difference, forward your resume.
- A/V: 5 years (Preferred)